- First Time Filer (FTF): if you are uncertain whether or not your company must file the EEO-1, refer to the "Who Must File" or "FAQ" links under the "About the EEO-1
- FTFs: Once you verify that your company must file, register your company by clicking the "Filing For The First Time" link and follow the on-line instructions. Then to get started, read through our "How to
File" page and the Instruction Booklet. There is a sample form available with the Instruction Booklet as well. Our FAQs are also a good source of information for you.
- For both returning filers and FTFs, do not forget to certify your report once you have entered your company's employment information.
- Once you have submitted and certified your report, please remember to print or save a .pdf copy for your company's records.
- Returning filers: please be aware that for security reasons, passwords have been reset since the 2013 filing period. Please check your notification letter for your new password.
- Employers filing using the data file upload method now have an opportunity to test their data files prior to emailing for upload. 1. Go to https://egov.eeoc.gov//eeo1/test_file_reg.jsp and provide the information requested at that screen and click SUBMIT. 2. On the next screen, identify the type of file to be checked at
bottom of the page and attach it, then click "TEST THE FILE". 3. You will be able to see and print the error report. Once your data file is error-free, you may attach it to an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is a postal code look up table for your convenience under the heading "Additional Documentation"
FILING YOUR EEO-1 REPORT
The preferred method for completing the EEO-1 report is the web-based online filing system. Data is transferred over the Internet using encryption, assuring your company's privacy. Online filing requires you to log into your
company's database with a Login ID and Password, contained in the annual Notification Letter. All companies that filed the EEO-1 report for the 2013 reporting period should receive the 2014 EEO-1 notification letter by mail
no later than the end of July 2014.
EEO-1 JOB CLASSIFICATION GUIDE, 2010
The EEO-1 Joint Reporting Committee is now using the 2010 Job Classification Guide which maps 2010 SOC and Census Job Codes and Titles into the Ten EEO-1 Survey Job Categories. The new guide is found under "Additional
We are using the 2012 NAICS Codes and have provided a crosswalk between the 2007 and 2012 codes. Please refer to "2012 NAICS codes and descriptions" under the heading "Additional Documentation" and click the "Excel" link.
SAMPLE RACE/ETHNICITY SELF-IDENTIFICATION SAMPLE FORMS
Samples of Race/Ethnicity Self-Identification Forms may be found under the heading "Additional Documentation". If you choose to use one of the sample forms, please remember the following: replace the company
name of the company on the sample form with your company's name; do not add new race/ethnic categories; and EEO-1 report does not collect applicant data or veteran status information.
CONTACT THE SURVEY TEAM
- If you cannot locate your Login ID and/or Password, contact the EEO-1 Joint Reporting Committee at email@example.com
- If you experienced a merger/acquisition since last year, email firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to completing your EEO-1 report.
- If your company experienced a spin-off and a portion of your company became a separate entity since last year's survey, email email@example.com prior to completing your EEO-1 report.
- If you receive a warning message while attempting to file your company's report, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Surveys Division of the
PLEASE DO NOT SEND THE SAME EMAIL TO MULTIPLE EMAIL BOXES
Further questions may be addressed to:
EEOC - Surveys Division
131 M Street, NE - Room 4SW22G
Washington, D.C. 20507
Phone: 1-877-392-4647 or 1-866-286-6440
** If your company would like training on the EEO-1 survey, please contact the EEO-1 Joint Reporting Committee at 1-866-286-6440 (toll-free) or email email@example.com Subject: Training
The EEO-1 Joint Reporting Committee would like your feedback. If you have suggestions or comments regarding the EEO-1 Survey please send an email to: E1.Suggestionbox@eeoc.gov.